Our Levels Are Designed to Teach Phonics and Reading Systematically
Every educator or parent can do their best to teach a child to read, but without the right resources it can be a real struggle. Decodable Readers Australia uses the proven decodable method, along with engaging stories and beautiful Australian imagery, supporting the explicit teaching of reading.
Our Decodable Readers Are One of a Kind
We created our decodable readers series to ensure that every child has access to the literary resources they need to support the specific needs of children as they embark on their ‘learning to read’ journey.
Our decodable readers are the only beginner reading series to:
- Embrace the 5 essential components of learning to read – phonemic awareness, phonics, comprehension, vocabulary and fluency
- Include 20 books in each level
- Ensure only minimal sight words are used within the text
- Engage children in Australian themed stories
- Provide essential knowledge for teachers/parents through guided instruction booklets and teacher directed activities within each level
Each Level Comes with a Complimentary Teacher Guide
In an effort to also help educators and parents, we have incorporated complimentary teacher guides in all decodable reader levels. Learn more about phonics, phonemic awareness, activating prior knowledge, guided reading and fluency and the impact these have on a child’s ability to read.
Contact Decodable Readers Australia for More Information
If you would like more information on any of our decodable reader levels, please feel free to contact our educators. We’ll happily answer your questions.